Running

Is Carb Loading Dead?

By |2018-04-03T11:52:52+00:00March 31st, 2018|Exercise, Healthy Eating, Running, Weight|

In today’s low-carb/no-carb world, is there still a place for carb loading before your next game or race? As much as I would love to give you one specific rule that everyone should follow, nutrition is just not that simple. In this article we will give some guidelines to follow for those trying to [...]

Comments Off on Is Carb Loading Dead?

Test Your Running Readiness – How-To Video

By |2016-11-15T18:03:18+00:00December 1st, 2015|Running, Videos|

Check out this video to see Dr. Rich demonstrating a quick test you can do to evaluate the core stabilization of your hip and knee. Dr. Rich uses this test with runners to help assess if they are ready to return to running after an injury.

Comments Off on Test Your Running Readiness – How-To Video

Endurance Athletes and Active Release Technique®

By |2016-11-15T18:03:18+00:00December 1st, 2015|Back Pain, Chiropractic Care, Exercise, Running|

Endurance athletes are among the healthiest human beings on the planet. They eat right, exercise, and work hard to get adequate rest. This well-oiled machine is capable of amazing feats when it is tuned properly. However, injuries still accrue despite the fact that the cardiovascular system may be in top-notch condition, muscles are well toned, [...]

Comments Off on Endurance Athletes and Active Release Technique®

Lose Weight by Exercising Less

By |2016-11-15T18:03:18+00:00September 7th, 2015|Cycling, Exercise, Running, Weight|

Are you trying to lose weight by exercising? Unless you enjoy those long hours of steady-state cardio in the gym or on the road, you should stop! You are wasting time and slowing down your metabolism. What if you could burn more fat in less time? High-intensity interval training (HIIT) could be a way for [...]

Comments Off on Lose Weight by Exercising Less

Important Information for Runners

By |2017-02-24T13:21:56+00:00February 27th, 2015|Running|

Runners never want their endeavors to create a running injury. Unfortunately, runners are responsible for 90% of the injuries and traumas we see in our office.. The remaining 10% are caused by falls and accidents incurred by runners. The good news is with the right training, most of these injuries can be avoided. The Injury [...]

Comments Off on Important Information for Runners

Run Faster, Run Healthier (part 2)

By |2016-11-15T18:03:23+00:00March 4th, 2014|Running|

Last week we posted the first two "tips" in our "Run Faster, Run Healthier" two-part blog series. Here are the next three: 3. If you haven't noticed, the world record marathon time is getting closer and closer to the two-hour mark. Do the math, and you’ll realize that these guys are running 4:30 miles. That’s [...]

Comments Off on Run Faster, Run Healthier (part 2)

Run Healthier, Run Faster (part 1)

By |2016-11-15T18:03:23+00:00February 25th, 2014|Running|

Eric, a friend of a patient, wrote me the other day thanking me for helping him run his last marathon at a personal best time (3:38)! The funny thing is I have never met Eric. He just took the same advice that I have given many runners over the years: run less, run faster, get [...]

Comments Off on Run Healthier, Run Faster (part 1)

Foot and Knee Pain: The [CORE] Approach Explained

By |2016-11-15T18:03:24+00:00June 24th, 2013|Chiropractic Care, Pain, Running|

As discussed in the previous blog post, at [CORE] we see the body as a whole and take to heart the wisdom of Dr. Karl Lewitt who said, “He who looks at the site of pain is lost.” This famous saying underlies the approach we take to correcting foot and knee pain. 1. Understand the [...]

Comments Off on Foot and Knee Pain: The [CORE] Approach Explained

More on Cardio

By |2016-11-15T18:03:24+00:00March 11th, 2013|Exercise, Running, Weight|

In last week's post we looked at a question raised by recent research: "Cardio or No Cardio?" And it seems that the answer may be "No Cardio" for those looking for weight loss and/or athletic advancement. Recent research suggests that endurance exercise has the potential to inhibit strength and power gains by reducing the ability [...]

Comments Off on More on Cardio

Help for Beginning Runners

By |2016-11-15T18:03:24+00:00September 25th, 2012|Running|

At CORE Chiropractic and Wellness, we want to give our patients every tool to be successful in achieving their health and wellness goals. Chiropractic is very important for optimal health, but it must be embraced along with exercise and nutrition for ideal results. Running is a great form of exercise. Are you a beginning runner [...]

Comments Off on Help for Beginning Runners